Permanent Toolpusher (ME – 2 Year Tax Free Contract) WC/WS/1270
Job Status: 2 Years Contract (Tax Free)
Start Date: ASAP
Interview Date: ASAP
Open To: All Nationalities
Job Overview: Our Client, an international education and training solutions provider is involved in the establishment of a rig training facility in Dammam. They will be delivering rig operations training for a major Saudi oil company and are seeking a Toolpusher as part of the “Rig Maintenance Team”. You will be responsible for the overall organization and supervision of the drilling crew for all operations and for the supervision of equipment maintenance onboard the training rig. Applicants are invited with a minimum of 10 years’ oil industry experience with at least 5 years as a Toolpusher, and hold a valid well control certificate. Working on a tax free, 2 year contract – the role offers a great deal of variety for an experienced Toolpusher.
The Company is a leading specialist’s education and training provider and are well established in the Gulf. They design, develop and deliver training solutions for public and private sector clients internationally. Their Technical and Vocational training delivers accredited safety critical, technical and HS Training.
The Company is part of a Global Group who are specialist in Training and Development and have offices in 70+ countries and in excess of 45000 employees.
Responsibilities: Reporting to Technical Training Manager and accountable to the Director of Training, this role encompasses many functions including:
• Receive training by the rig manufacturer, once the training rig has been assembled.
• Comply and support compliance with all corporate policies and procedures
• Supervise the Driller and all Drill Crew Members.
• Have overall responsibility for installation, maintenance, testing and connection/disconnection of the Blow-out prevention (BOP) equipment and installation of casings.
• Deliver proper training to the drilling personnel, perform appraisals and provide overall leadership.
o Ensure all relevant safety procedures and practices are adhered to during drilling operations.
o Conduct per-tour meetings.
o Quality Improvement Plan program and all other Company safety management systems.
o Directly supervise man riding operation on the drill floor.
o Ensure that a high standard of hygiene and housekeeping is maintained on-board the rig
o Demonstrate commitment to the Company’s Safety, Quality & HSE Policies through leadership and guidance.
o Ensure Drillers check space outs for emergency disconnect procedures and understand different disconnect situations.
o Supervise and assist Drill Crews to maintain accurate records of tubular and tool dimensions (i.e. component length internal and external diameter, fish neck, and serial numbers).
o Confirm that calculations on ton-miles on drilling line are done accurately, maintain an accurate logbook and advise the Driller on the need to slip & cut.
o Maintain proper communication with the management.
o Issue standing instructions to Drillers on a daily basis and ensure that they are adhered to.
o Assist and relieve the Driller at the Driller’s console during drilling operations.
o Assist with the preparation of equipment for impending drilling operations.
o Organise and supervise the drilling crews for all operations.
o Be present on the drill floor during critical operations.
o Assist the Driller during an emergency or well control situation and during well kill operations.
o Assist in the supervision of preventive maintenance and repairs carried out on drilling equipment.
o Be present on rig floor while running drill pipe strings & while Rig up or Rig down BOPs.
o Monitor mud systems and supervise solids control equipment and mud mixing operation.
o Supervise on all equipment maintenance.
o Operate drilling and associated equipment to relieve Driller. (Top Drive System, Mud Pumps, BOP and Diverter Controls and etc.).
o Know the Company procedures for well control and blowout prevention.
• Be aware of Health and Safety Regulations and uphold your responsibility to Health & Safety as an employee.
• Stay up to date with technology and industry developments.
Working on a two year TAX FREE contract, the role offers great career prospects with the potential for extension to contract. Preference will be given to candidates available to start by the middle of December.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• A high school degree essential.
• Valid Well Control Certification (IWCF) essential
• Minimum of 10 years’ oil industry experience with a minimum of 5 years as toolpusher for a Drilling Contractor working with cyber based equipment (cyber chair system) essential
• Recent experience as part of a rig operations crew highly desired.
• Ability to demonstrate an advanced knowledge of the overall direction and management of the safe and economical operation of an offshore and onshore drilling rig essential.
• Fluency in English both written and verbal essential. Colloquial Arabic is highly desirable but not required.
• Advanced level of mechanical knowledge of rotary drill equipment, mud circulating systems, well shut-in procedures, ability to recognise signs of kicks, and loss of fluid situations as well as the procedures for circulating kick out (i.e. trip tank level, pit level, volumetric method and mud weight change). highly advantageous
• Ability to supervise the Driller and all Drill Crew members and when necessary assist the Driller and Rig crew to run the rig equipment safely highly advantageous
• Ability to ensure that client Blowout Prevention Standards are met in all respects including equipment configuration, testing and crew response.
• Experience on Cyber/Conventional system, conventional drawworks and auto drawwork system highly desired
• Ability to operate Top Drive system and operate and maintain the mud pump advantageous
• Knowledge of fishing and downhole tools advantageous
• Training skills desired. Ability to mentor, coach, develop and train drill crew members highly advantageous.
• Assist in training to ensure that all personnel are competent to perform their allocated jobs highly advantageous
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the personality and confidence to build strong relationships at all levels and the ability to train others, mentor and evaluate courses highly desired.
• Efficient time management highly organised with excellent co ordination skills.
• Previous experience working as part of a multi-cultural team with the ability to supervise, motivate, train and coordinate the schedules of junior staff members advantageous.
• Good overall IT, presentation, communications and report writing skills.
• Customer focused, good team worker, adaptable, PC literate with excellent communication skills.
• Health & Safety awareness and the ability to work to Quality Management systems.
• Previous experience of working in the Middle East advantageous.
Package: $120K-$140K TAX FREE Expat contract including accommodation, flight, and travel allowance, health insurance, 30 days holiday plus Eid.
To apply for this job, you can go to the Web Site www.working-smart.co.uk. Select ‘Candidates’ ‘Review Jobs’ and apply online OR alternatively, you can forward your CV electronically to email@example.com, detailing the job title and reference number. We would also suggest that you forward a Cover Letter focused on your experience in line with the requirements specified.
Copyright © Working Smart 2014
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, WSL will take legal action.
1982 total views, 1 today