Permanent Technical Trainers – Mechanical – WC/WS/1225
Job Status: 2 Year Contract
Start Date: ASAP
Interview Date: ASAP
Open To: All Nationalities
Job Overview: An accredited international education and training solutions provider are expanding their successful Oil & Gas training programmes and require Technical Trainers to lead classroom development, maintenance of training programs and course materials, and the assessment of trainee portfolios for their Mechanical operations. You will share your technical knowledge and be proactive in the continual improvement of the training programs. Applicants are invited with oil and gas experience, and some training experience in mechanical engineering. Working on a two year TAX FREE contract, the role offers great career prospects with the potential for extension.
The Company is a leading specialist’s education and training provider. They design, develop and deliver training solutions for public and private sector clients internationally. They offer a wide range of vocational education and training capabilities with key capabilities spanning Technical and Vocational training, Leadership and Development training, further education and the management of Training Centers on behalf of their clients. Their Technical and Vocational training delivers accredited safety critical, technical and HS Training.
The Company is part of a Global Group who are specialist in Training and Development and have offices in 70+ countries and in excess of 45000 employees. They work across many business sectors including Oil and Gas. They are highly focused in the Middle East where they offer a wide range of vocational and development training programs. They have recently been awarded a five-year contract in Saudi Arabia to develop and operate three vocational colleges, providing high quality vocational skills and qualifications for in excess of 8,000 students. They are rapidly expanding their team to accommodate their growing demand.
Their mechanical training covers initial entry, operator and technician levels. It combines class room technical foundation training with on the job training at field based relevant facilities.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Training Manager, this role encompasses many functions including:
• Lead the classroom development and on-going maintenance of all training programs, course materials (theoretical and practical), procedures and assessments to satisfy the client and Awarding Body requirements.
• Assist the Senior Instructor in selecting and recruiting a suitable team of technicians and coach and train technicians where required.
• Ensure that the equipment in the workshops and laboratories is suitable and adequate in number to complement the training and assessment and assist in identifying/sourcing suitable redundant equipment from Operating Companies for training purposes where required.
• Deliver training and discipline the trainees where necessary
• Assess trainee portfolios to the agreed External Verifier and Awarding Body standards
• Assist in the training, development and certification of trainees as NVQ Assessors.
• Ensure standards of all programs you are responsible for, both at the training centre and in the workplace (OJT) are maintained.
• In co-ordination with the Senior Instructor, maintain the Internal Verification and Assessment and Quality Assurance systems to meet Awarding Body requirements, ensuring that the quality of the programs are maintained
• Develop and manage teaching and assessment schedules.
• Compile daily, weekly and monthly reports as required.
• Be active in suggesting ways of continually improving the training programs.
• Uphold the Company Health and Safety and Quality Policies.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• A technical/engineering diploma in a relevant subject essential.
• A minimum of 5 years Oil and gas industry experience essential.
• A minimum of 3 years technical training experience essential
• A strong mechanical background essential.
• Fluency in English both written and verbal essential.
• Competence based assessment experience (e.g. NVQ) desirable
• A formal “Train the Trainer” or Certified Trainer Course desirable.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the personality and confidence to build strong relationships at all levels both internally and with the Client.
• Assessor/Verifier qualifications advantageous.
• Good overall IT, presentation, communications and report writing skills. Ability to provide written reports.
• Efficient time management highly organised with excellent co ordination.
• Previous experience of working in the Middle East advantageous.
Package: A 2 year TAX FREE Expat generous package including accommodation, flights, company car, health insurance etc.
To apply for this job, you can go to the Web Site www.working-smart.co.uk. Select ‘Candidates’ ‘Review Jobs’ and apply online OR alternatively, you can forward your CV electronically to email@example.com, detailing the job title and reference number. We would also suggest that you forward a Cover Letter focused on your experience in line with the requirements specified.
Copyright © Working Smart 2013
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, WSL will take legal action.
1734 total views, 1 today