Temporary Stimulation Chemist – Oilfield Services WS/2415
Location: UK – Work from home
Job Status: Contract (2-3 months) Potential for Permanency
Start Date: ASAP
Interview Date: ASAP
Open To: EU Nationals or UK work permit holders
Job Overview: A leading supplier of Oilfield Services seeks a Stimulation Chemist to work alongside their Calgary chemical partners and be responsible for the application of chemicals to enhance production both onshore and offshore. Applicants are invited with a relevant degree (ideally in Chemistry or Physical Sciences) combined with a minimum of 10 years oil and gas experience in Stimulation Chemistry. This role would be ideal for someone looking for the next step in their career and who is happy to travel as required to Europe, Middle East and Russia. Opportunity to work from home and all necessary technologies provided.
The Company has its Headquarters in London and offers oilfield services for both conventional and unconventional oil and gas production. Working closely with their clients, which represents small independents to large operators, they partner in the enhancement of oil production. In these economically challenged times, their service solution and business model is being well received and as such they are expanding.
Responsibilities: Reporting to Project Manager this role encompasses many functions including:
• Become competent in the Company’s suite of services, work flows and practices.
• Develop standards and procedures for chemical analysis and use.
• Monitor usage of chemicals onshore and offshore and analyse against production/process data.
• Undertake laboratory testing of samples sent from onshore and offshore.
• Develop, blend and test chemical products.
• Undertake research and development.
• Design and use a mobile chemical and fluid testing facility.
• Trouble-shooting production problems.
• Interact closely with the office in Calgary and the partners in Holland.
• Keep abreast of industry trends and technologies relating to stimulation chemistry.
• Attend relevant conferences and technical events – promoting the Company and its services.
This is an exciting and challenging role for an experienced oil and gas chemist who has specialized in the use of chemicals within the Stimulation and production sector of the upstream oil industry. The role offers great flexibility in that you can be based anywhere in the UK and potential for international travel.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• Degree essential. Preferably in Chemistry, Physical Sciences or any other relevant science discipline
• A minimum of 10 years oil and gas industry experience essential.
• Proven experience in Stimulation Chemistry essential.
• Strong background in laboratory sampling and testing essential.
• The ability and knowledge to monitor chemical usage both onshore and offshore essential.
• Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel highly desired.
• Highly motivated, self-starting individual who can manage their own time and deliver to tight project deadlines.
• Highly analytical/methodical – the ability to understand the problem, the tools available and to deliver the solution.
• Excellent interpersonal skills essential – the ability to interact effectively with other team members.
• Excellent communications skills essential (both written and oral English), with the ability to listen and discuss technical matters in a clear and articulate manner.
• The willingness to travel to wellsites both onshore and offshore in Europe, Middle East and Russia as require essential.
Package: An attractive Day Rate for the initial 2-3 month contract and then a permanent salary will be negotiated.
To apply for this job:
1) Go to the Web Site www.working-smart.co.uk, Select ‘Candidates’ and ‘Review Jobs’. If not registered, please complete Personal Details, Profile etc. Please ensure you upload a current copy of your CV and a Cover Letter.
2) Email email@example.com with the job title/reference and enclose your CV and Cover Note.
PS. Your Cover Letter in support of your application, should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience and education) b) your availability and c) your salary expectations.
Copyright © Working Smart 2016
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written
1193 total views, 1 today