Permanent Software Deployment Engineer – Oilfield Technologies WC/WS/1361
Job Status: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Interview Date: ASAP
Open To: EU Nationals or UK work permit holders
Job Overview: An engineering R&D company which develops petroleum engineering software tools is seeking a Software Deployment Engineer for their oilfield technology solutions designed for using real-time data and physical models to guide the management of oil and gas fields. You will not only deploy the oilfield technologies at client sites worldwide but also provide technical advice, support and training and assist clients to optimise application usage. Applicants invited that are analytical, IT savvy; have proven hands on system deployment & integration experience; and good SQL scripting. Working in a flat dynamic organisation that is highly respected, the Company will support your personal development to allow you to deepen your knowledge of petroleum engineering and corporate IT systems used for real-time oil and gas field management and optimisation. Great opportunity to travel globally.
The Company has 25 years’ experience and 50+ staff operating from their Head Office in Edinburgh, and regional offices in the USA. They are the recognised market leader within Petroleum Engineering software development and has consistently been ranked number one in technical evaluations across the industry. They have a broad range of clients worldwide, including all major operators as well as service and contract companies.
The Oilfield technology suite captures the behaviour of the oil field and provides an online management system of an oil company’s assets throughout its lifecycle. It incorporates capabilities for visualisation, logistics and maintenance management, diagnostics, data management, forecasting, hydrocarbon allocation and much more. It integrates people, processes, timeframes, networks etc. It has been deployed in over 200 oil fields and has become a corporate de facto standard for numerous major oil companies worldwide.
It is estimated that you will travel 3/4 times a year on a 1-2 week trip for deployment or training. This role will cover clients worldwide and you may have the opportunity to visit Africa, America, and Asia Pacific etc.
Upon joining, you will receive 3-6+ months training in Petroleum Engineering principals and deployment workflows and practices. You will become competent in how the software is utilised by end clients, and how it is integrated with other client technologies, resulting in your ability to converse technically with clients in a competent manner.
Responsibilities: Working as part of the Deployment and Engineering Team and reporting to the Team Manager this role encompasses many functions;
• Become competent in the Company’s software solutions, work flows and practices.
• Prepare for and deploy the technology suite at client sites worldwide.
• Provide technical advice and support to clients – onsite, email or phone.
• Train client personnel worldwide – at client sites or head-office in UK.
• Build close relationships with Clients – ensure that you maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. Undertake regular follow-up calls in a timely and professional manner and escalate unresolved problems.
• Act as a champion for the technologies and Company at all times.
• Be proactive in promoting the technologies and alert to new business opportunities which you will communicate to appropriate sales personnel.
• Keep abreast of industry trends, players, competitors and new technologies relating to oilfield solutions.
• Travel internationally as required.
This role is ideal for an analytical individual with hands on system deployment & integration experience, who enjoys travelling, and helping clients optimise technology to enhance business practices.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Physical Science essential, MSc or PhD preferred.
• Hands on system deployment & integration experience essential.
• Proven experience using Microsoft SQL server essential 2008 and beyond desired.
• Experience using Windows essential 2008 R2 and beyond desired.
• Data base administration and data base tuning essential.
• Experience in the oil and gas industry would be beneficial but not essential – full training provided.
• Some experience in: C++; VB.NET; .NET C#; Oracle; OsiSoft Pi; RedGate SQL toolbelt advantageous.
• Strong client-facing skills essential with the ability to establish effective customer relationships– e.g. experience in pre/post sales, service delivery, support type roles, training… desired.
• Can work independently and also be an excellent team player.
• Excellent communications skills – can liaise with all levels to achieve goals.
• Personal initiative and a pro-active commercial approach to developing the company’s business essential.
• Ability to operate in a deadline, results driven environment essential.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• The ability to travel internationally as required.
Package: The Company offers a highly competitive package which includes salary, performance related bonuses, other benefits and relocation assistance where required. Dependent on skills and experience, a Salary of £45K – £60K is on offer.
To apply for this job:
1) Online – register Personal Details, Profile, relevant training/degree qualifications under “Education”, relevant skills under “Skills”. Upload your CV OR Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Reference Number.
2) To be considered for this role, you will need to provide a focused Cover Letter outlining a) what relevant skills/experience and education you bring to the role and b) your availability/ start date.
Copyright © Working Smart 2015
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, they will take legal action.
3731 total views, 2 today