Permanent Senior Reservoir Engineer Advisor – Operator – Circa £140+++ WC/WS/1310
Job Status: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Interview Date: ASAP
Open To: EU Nationals or UK work permit holders
Job Overview: An International gas operating Company seeks a Senior Reservoir Engineer Advisor to provide a high level of technical reservoir engineering expertise and ensure appropriate reservoir engineering analysis and advice are effectively used to create value and identify exploration and production opportunities. You will mentor and support and be proactive in strengthening the Company’s reservoir engineering team and deputise for the Reservoir Engineering General Manager when required. Experienced reservoir engineers are invited with a sound technical background in a wide range of projects including field appraisal, reservoir management, development planning and operations and preferably with some UK or Norwegian North Sea gas experience. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity working for an expanding gas operator where top performance is valued and highly rewarded, and where there is great potential for career progression as they are actively looking to expand their E&P business across new areas.
Our Client is a global provider of specialized energy solutions, working across the full value cycle from exploration, through development to mature field operations. They have built up a strong upstream portfolio in the UK, Norway and Russia and continue to grow through active exploration and business development programmes. They have a wide range of projects (tight gas, conventional gas, HP-HT gas condensate, oil, water & gas injection, hydraulic fracturing) both offshore and onshore.
Their exploration and production activities range from developing new resources to secure long-term energy supplies and purchasing stakes in oil and gas fields to acquiring exploration and production licenses throughout the world.
Due to major expansion, this is a new role within the Reservoir Engineering Group, who play a key role in shaping the future of the Company’s E&P program. The variety of technical and commercial challenges, broad exposure to different aspects of each project and access to the top management provide a stimulating environment. As an experienced reservoir engineer, you will provide expert support to projects and will be involved in design and coordination of subsurface projects, hands-on reservoir engineering studies, mentoring junior engineers and working with the broader technical and commercial teams.
Responsibilities: This role will report to GM Reservoir Engineering and will encompass the following key activities including:
• Become competent in the Company’s services, work flows and practices.
• Production forecasting, reserves assessment and provision of general reservoir engineering expertise.
• Ensure that projects are delivered with high technical standards and fit-for-purpose workflows
• Ensure that studies are fully integrated with other disciplines and that the results are used effectively and appropriately.
• Design and comment on development plans for operated and non-operated fields.
• Optimize reservoir management.
• Co-ordinate reservoir engineering activities between the Company, partners and consultants.
• Participate in peer reviews.
• Support evaluations of new business opportunities.
• Represent the Company at technical and operating committee meetings and with national authorities.
• Provide support and mentoring to all team members. Be proactive in raising the skills set of more junior staff.
• Be proactive in strengthening the Company’s reservoir engineering team.
This challenging and exciting opportunity is ideal for a suitably qualified and ambitious Reservoir Engineer who has a high level of technical expertise and is looking for their next career step within an operator. Top performance is valued and rewarded with the insight to create attractive professional development opportunities both in and outside Europe.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• Degree in Engineering, essential, preferably an MSc in Petroleum Engineering.
• At least 15 years relevant oil industry experience essential, some or all of it with an operator desirable.
• Experience of a wide range of projects including field appraisal, reservoir management, development planning and operations
• Expert user of reservoir engineering software (e.g. Eclipse, PETEX suite, Saphire, Petrel RE) essential.
• North Sea (UK/Norway), International or/and Russian asset experience highly desired.
• Experience of Gas fields to HTHP gas condensates desired. Some oil field experience with gas and/or water injection desired.
• Ability to quantify risk and uncertainty and to understand the impact on production forecasts and decisions essential.
• Working knowledge of other disciplines (geology, geophysics, drilling, production operations, economics, well completions) highly advantageous.
• A solid understanding of hydraulic fracturing and geomechanics advantageous.
• Enjoys being part of an integrated, multi-disciplinary team that welcomes challenges.
• Ability to deputise, to take a lead role when required essential.
• Strong project management skills essential – to schedule, to resource, to organise, manage and prioritise projects.
• Ability to mentor, support and drive technical excellence essential.
• Pro-active, self-starter.
• Has a strong sense of curiosity and is driven by continuous learning
• Strongly analytical – possesses the ability to utilize all the available data and apply the appropriate analytical and numerical techniques
• Strong communication skills – ability to listen and communicate clearly and concisely within a multi-cultural and multi-discipline environment. Comfortable presenting to technical peers and Executive Management
• Fluent in English
• Other languages (especially Russian) would be an advantage.
• Ability to travel as required.
Package: A Base salary circa £140K plus Pension, Bonus, Family Health Care, Gym sponsorship, flexi-day Scheme (19 day month) and much more is on offer dependent on skills and experience. There may be some flexibility on the Base Salary – to be advised.
To apply for this role, go to the Web Site www.working-smart.co.uk. Select ‘Job Seekers”, “Search Job and Gas Jobs, “All Oil and Gas Jobs” and apply online OR alternatively, you can email your CV to email@example.com. Please ensure a) you upload or email a current copy of your CV b) if registered, ensure your details and preferences are correct, especially your salary preferences and c) submit a Cover Note in support of your application.
Copyright © Working Smart 2014
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, WSL will take legal action.
2453 total views, 2 today