Permanent Senior Java Software Engineers – 2 Positions
Start Date: ASAP
Interview Date: ASAP
Open To: EU Nationals or UK work permit holders
The Company is well established and has over 10 years’ international experience. With their head office in the Middle East and offices in the UK and USA they provide software solutions to the Oil and Gas Industry. The aim of the Company is to provide integrated information management for E&P clients by providing web-based tools to streamline working processes. They are currently focusing on the development and launch of a new cloud-based platform as a service offering and integrated application marketplace which is based on their current platform services.
The Company have a passion for delivering excellence to their international clients. The ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams and show adaptability/flexibility is key, and the source of technical and personal satisfaction. Pride in completing projects to a high standard is expected.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director of Software Development this role encompasses many functions;
• Become competent in the Company’s software solutions, work flows and practices.
• Ensure that solutions are designed to meet the needs of both the business and the client whilst matching their high expectations of quality and reliability.
• Deploy and maintain applications in production environments.
• Work closely with product management to determine business requirements and articulate project technical requirements – Deliver on requirements in an agile manner.
• Work closely and collaboratively with multi-cultural and virtual teams, including software and solutions developers, GIS experts, data managers, geophysicists and domain experts.
• Improve core platform by leveraging existing technology, building new technology, and/or helping evaluate 3rd party solutions.
This role is ideal for talented software engineers who enjoy devising technical solutions to address business/client needs. The role offers the opportunity to develop leading edge solutions within the oil and gas industry and to further develop your career.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• Degree in Computer Science or related field essential, MSc or PhD preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years’ software design and development experience using agile methodologies essential Scrum experience preferred.
• Previous experience of web services (i.e. RESTful; SOAP; WSDL) and distributed systems essential.
• Continuous integration experience essential ideally using Bamboo/Jenkins.
• Proven experience with JIRA, Confluence and/or Git highly desired.
• Knowledge of Linux operating systems and coding skills in one of the following: Python, Bash, Go essential.
• Proven experience in at least one database engine (i.e. MySQL; SQLServer, Oracle, PostgreSQL) essential.
• Background in the upstream Oil and Gas Industry and knowledge of its technologies highly desired.
• Previous experience using a PPDM Data Model advantageous.
• Experience with GIS such as Geoserver (OpenGeo); ArcGIS or Oracle Spatial highly desired.
• Up-to-date knowledge of applicable technology trends such as Platform as a Service (PaaS); Middleware; Business Intelligence; Big Data/Analytics; Front-end/User experience development; Cloud operations.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills essential – the ability to communicate effectively, listen and discuss technical matters in a clear and articulate manner with both colleagues and clients.
• The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• A clear and genuine interest in technological trends.
• Proven experience working in a deadline driven environment.
• Highly analytical/methodical – the ability to understand the problem, the tools available and to deliver the solution.
Package: Highly attractive base salary is on offer dependant on skills and experience. Company benefits include 23 days paid holiday, private healthcare, life assurance and pension.
To apply for this job:
1) Online – register Personal Details, Profile, relevant training/degree qualifications under “Education”, relevant skills under “Skills”. Upload your CV OR Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Reference Number.
2) To be considered for this role, you will need to provide a focused Cover Letter outlining a) what relevant skills/experience and education you bring to the role; b) your salary expectations and c) your availability/ start date.
Copyright © Working Smart 2016
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, they will take legal action.
Working Smart Ltd., International Petroleum Consultancy
Lynton House, Station Approach, Woking Surrey, GU22 7PY
Tel: +44 (0) 1483 721794 Fax: +44 (01483) 728833
Web: http://www.working-smart.co.uk for Professional Staff
3226 total views, 2 today