Permanent Senior Development & Production Geophysicist – Operator WS/1360
Title: Senior Development & Production Geophysicist (Western Siberian Asset) – Operator WS/1360
Location: Russia – Moscow
Job Status: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Interview Date: ASAP
Open To: Russian Nationals or Russian Work Permit holders
Job Overview: An International gas operating Company seeks a Senior Development & Production Geophysicist to provide technical evaluations to support the Companies interest in the producing asset located in western Siberia. Working with Joint Venture partners, you will detail technical and commercial work to understand the project along with the risks and opportunities. Experienced Geophysicists are invited with a sound technical background in development and production, with a focus on reservoir characterisation, depth conversion and attribute analysis, as well as experience of fields in western Siberia. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity working for an expanding gas operator where top performance is valued and highly rewarded, and where there is great potential for career progression as they are actively looking to expand their E&P business across new areas.
Our Client is a global provider of specialized energy solutions, working across the full value cycle from exploration, through development to mature field operations. They have built up a strong upstream portfolio in the UK, Norway and Russia and continue to grow through active exploration and business development programmes. They have a wide range of projects (tight gas, conventional gas, HP-HT gas condensate, oil, water & gas injection, hydraulic fracturing) both offshore and onshore.
Their exploration and production activities range from developing new resources to secure long-term energy supplies and purchasing stakes in oil and gas fields to acquiring exploration and production licenses throughout the world.
Working with JV’s the Company has a considerable stake in a large field in western Siberia. One of the reservoirs has been developed and is currently on plateau production of 25 bcm per year. Developments of the overlying reservoir and also the deeper Cretaceous and Jurassic reservoirs are planned over the coming years. As an experienced geologist, you will undertake reservoir model building, volumetric assessments, assessment of plans for operational activities.
The work will be conducted in a new small multi-disciplinary technical team that will be located in Moscow, and will be linked to and supported by the wider group of functional D&P staff located in London and Stavanger.
Responsibilities: This role will report to Manager of Development and Production Geosciences and will encompass the following key activities including:
• Become competent in the Company’s services, work flows and practices.
• Undertake Seismic interpretation, with a focus on reservoir characterisation, depth conversion, attribute analysis, inversion and reservoir/fluid prediction as input to reservoir models forming the basis for Field Development Plans and Reservoir Management strategies.
• Be the Company representative for contractor’s ongoing satellite-based subsidence study addressing the feasibility of identifying areas of differential depletion as a response to production.
• Actively collaborate with joint venture partners – participate in working groups and committees.
• Ensure that uncertainties inherent in data and interpretation are properly communicated and the effect of these uncertainties on results is understood.
• Provide input to both deterministic and probabilistic GIIP and STOIIP estimations.
• Drive the adoption of the latest geophysical methods & techniques for seismic attribute analysis and inversion, porosity & net pay prediction, definition of fluid contacts and the application of industry-leading geophysical acquisition/ processing techniques.
• Identify and characterise the risks & inputs to resource estimation.
• Ensure that projects are delivered with high technical standards and fit-for-purpose workflows
This challenging and exciting opportunity is ideal for a suitably qualified and ambitious Geophysicist who has a high level of technical expertise and is looking for their next career step within an operator. Top performance is valued and rewarded with the insight to create attractive professional development opportunities.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• Post-graduate Degree in Geology or Geophysics, essential, PhD preferred.
• At least 10 years relevant oil industry experience essential, some or all of it with an operator desirable.
• Strong expertise in 3D seismic interpretation techniques essential
• Experience of geophysical tools and software (e.g. Petrel plus other mapping / visualisation tools and geophysical packages) essential.
• Experience with Western Siberian field developments essential
• Ability to prepare inputs for static reservoir models
• Ability to quantify risk and uncertainty and to understand the impact on the project essential.
• Working knowledge of other disciplines (geology, petrophysics, reservoir and petroleum engineering) highly advantageous.
• Familiar with the Russian Exploration & Production technical and business environment, and able to work autonomously within a small technical team.
• Ability to generate ideas & mature these to decision points
• Ability to deliver results in a flexible and energetic manner and comfortable with a “hands-on” style of working
• Learn from mistakes, pursues success, and aspires for continued personal development & functional expertise
• Strong project management skills essential – to schedule, to resource, to organise, manage and prioritise projects.
• Pro-active, self-starter
• Strong communication skills – ability to listen and communicate clearly and concisely within a multi-cultural and multi-discipline environment. Comfortable presenting to technical peers and Executive Management
• Values the importance of technical quality, but able to ensure that the scope of work is consistent with the magnitude of the decision reliant upon the work.
• Fluent in English and Russian essential
• Ability to travel as required.
Package: Working for a major operator, an attractive local Russian package is on offer dependent on skills and experience.
To apply for this job:
1) Online – register Personal Details, Profile, relevant training/degree qualifications under “Education”, relevant skills under “Skills”. Upload your CV OR Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Reference Number.
2) To be considered for this role, you will need to provide a focused Cover Letter outlining a) what relevant skills/experience and education you bring to the role and b) your availability/ start date.
Copyright © Working Smart 2015
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, they will take legal action.
Working Smart Ltd., International Petroleum Consultancy
Lynton House, Station Approach, Woking Surrey, GU22 7PY
Tel: +44 (0) 1483 721794 Fax: +44 (01483) 728833
Web: http://www.working-smart.co.uk for Professional Staff
1841 total views, 1 today