Permanent Senior Development and Production Geophysicist – Operator Package – WC/WS/1241
Location: UK – Central London
Job Status: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Interview Date: ASAP
Open To: EU Nationals or UK work permit holders
Job Overview: An International Energy Operating Company seeks a Senior Development and Production Geophysicist for their Central London office. You will be responsible for ensuring the successful integration of geophysics-based interpretation of rock and fluid data into the preparation of field development plans and reservoir models for new projects & producing assets in the North Sea, and future projects beyond this area. In addition, you will drive the advancement of latest geophysical methods and techniques across the Company. Applicants are invited with a minimum of 10 years’ industry experience with a strong background in seismic interpretation and in the preparation of field development plans. Working for an expanding gas operator where top performance is valued and highly rewarded, and where there is great potential for career progression…
Our Client is a global provider of specialized energy solutions, with Exploration & Production being one of their major growth segments. Their exploration and production activities range from developing new resources to secure long-term energy supplies and purchasing stakes in oil and gas fields to acquiring exploration and production licenses throughout the world. The Company is currently undertaking Exploration and Development in three main target regions: North Sea, Russia and North Africa.
The Company is a highly skilled and experienced operator of conventional and renewable generation assets. Top performance is valued and rewarded with the insight to create attractive professional development opportunities both in and outside Europe.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Manager of Development & Production Geosciences, you will be responsible to:
• Ensure the successful integration of geophysics-based interpretation of rock and fluid data into the preparation of field development plans and reservoir models for new projects & producing assets in the North Sea, and future projects beyond this area.
• Provide expert input to teams of geologists and reservoir engineers working on developing reservoir models to predict well performance and quantify key subsurface uncertainties…to volumetric assessments support for operational activities and participating in screening of new business activity.
• Drive the uptake of the latest geophysical methods for seismic attribute analysis, inversion, porosity and fluid contacts.
• Apply industry-leading seismic acquisition and processing techniques (including OBC and 4D seismic data).
• Evaluate and integrate near-field prospects into the asset reference plans.
• Deliver quality contributions to relevant decisions.
• Apply specialist knowledge to discussions with partners to influence key decisions and programs.
• Work and communicate with a multi-disciplinary team (geophysics, well operations, petrophysics & reservoir engineering).
• Perform seismic interpretation with a focus on attribute analysis, inversion and reservoir/fluid prediction.
• Input to reservoir models forming basis for Field Development Plans.
• Lead seismic acquisition and processing activities – initiate new projects with contractors.
• Prepare documentation for and participate in volumetric assessments.
• Participate in License Round work as required
• Advise and represent in both operated and non-operated Joint Ventures and consortia technical meetings.
• Peer review within the whole organization.
• Contribute to the Company’s strategy to further grow the oil &gas upstream portfolio.
• Support team training, staff development and mentoring.
• Become competent in the Company’s business, work flows and
This is a great opportunity to join one of Europe’s largest energy distributors. The company is a highly skilled and experienced operator of conventional and renewable generation assets. Top performance is valued and rewarded with the insight to create attractive professional development opportunities both in and outside Europe.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• Degree in Geophysics or related discipline essential. MSc or PhD preferred.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the oil & gas industry essential.
• Advanced quantitative seismic interpretation skills (seismic inversion and prediction of rock/fluid properties) essential.
• Familiarity and experience with geology and tectonic history of the North Sea essential – Southern North Sea highly advantageous.
• Knowledge and ability to work with other disciplines (geology, geophysics, reservoir engineering) desired.
• Highly analytical – the ability to utilise all available data and apply the appropriate analytical and numerical techniques.
• Ability to generate new ideas and mature them to important decisions.
• Proven competence in quantifying risk and uncertainty and to understand their impacts to the project.
• Strong organisational skills, able to manage time and balance multiple projects simultaneously to tight deadlines desired.
• Pragmatic team player who can work at all levels in a multi-disciplinary environment.
• Ambitious – desire to succeed in this dynamic growth operator – to develop and grow with the role – take on new challenges and to exceed expectations desired.
• A good appreciation of technical quality whilst ensuring the scope of work is consistent with the magnitude of decision reliant upon the project.
• Ability to communicate effectively and comfortable with a “hands-on” approach.
Package: As a leading Energy Operator, a highly competitive Base salary, plus Pension, Bonus, Family Health Care, Gym sponsorship and much more is on offer dependent on skills and experience.
To apply for this job, you can go to the Web Site www.working-smart.co.uk. Select ‘Candidates’ ‘Review Jobs’ and apply online OR alternatively, you can forward your CV electronically to email@example.com, detailing the job title and reference number.
To be considered, please advise in a Cover Letter a) what skills/experience you bring to the role, b) your availability and c) your salary expectations.
Working Smart Ltd., International Petroleum Consultancy
Lynton House, Station Approach, Woking Surrey, GU22 7PY
Tel: +44 (0) 1483 721794 Fax: +44 (01483) 728833
Web: http://www.working-smart.co.uk for Professional Staff
Copyright © Working Smart 2014
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, WSL will take legal action.
2729 total views, 2 today