Permanent Regional Business Development Manager – The Americas – Marine Seismic
Job Status: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Interview Date: ASAP
Open To: US Nationals or US Work Permit Holders
Job Overview: A world leading geophysical services Company, offering proprietary and multi-client seismic data acquisition, processing, interpretation, reservoir geophysics, borehole seismic, and micro-seismic seeks a Regional Business Development Manager to lead and drive the development of business opportunities across the Americas for their Marine Seismic Services. In addition you will be involved in helping to develop growth strategies, and advising on work practices, players, and market dynamics. Applicants are invited with proven sales/business development experience in marine seismic acquisition and the ambition and drive to take on this challenging and financially rewarding role for a global and expanding Company. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in the future growth of the Company’s marine seismic business across North and South America.
The Company has been involved in Seismic Acquisition for many decades and their business remits are: onshore/offshore/TZ seismic data acquisition, data processing, interpretation and reservoir geophysics; borehole seismic surveys and micro-seismic, proprietary and multi-client surveys and geophysical equipment manufacturing. They operate 100+ land seismic crews, shallow water, transition zone and VSP crews etc. across 45 countries on 4 continents. They operate offshore seismic services and have 2D and 3D streamer vessels, and a 4C OBC vessel.
They are committed to driving their technical excellence and host one of the largest geophysical and geological R&D centers in our industry. Its focus is on software development for seismic acquisition, processing and interpretation in complex areas, depth imaging, attribute analysis, and reservoir characterisation to name but a few. Recent R&D focuses on high-density seismic surveys, complex structure imaging, wide-azimuth acquisition, 3C/3D VSP, 3C/3D seismic, and stratigraphic reservoir studies. They work in close cooperation with many famous academic institutes globally and are highly committed to long-term R&D investment and leading innovation within this sector.
The Company is a highly reputable and leading player in the Asia Pacific market and are now committed to forging ahead across North and South America. They have an established office in Houston with a large processing, interpretation and R&D team. They have an enviable global client list having provided a range of services to 140+ Energy companies. They are predominately focused on proprietary seismic surveys but recognise the growth of business opportunities in the marine multi-client sector.
This is an exciting and challenging new role and the Company has committed all relevant resources to ensure its success. Applicants are invited with proven upstream business development within the marine seismic acquisition business and the ambition to drive new client relationships and business opportunities.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the VP of Marine Marketing & Sales this role encompasses many functions including:
• Identify key personnel in oil exploration companies and establish and build long term relationships.
• Present and promote marine seismic services to potential Clients.
• Manage these relationships, to effectively create a pipeline of business opportunities for the vessels in your region.
• Collect and analyze information relating to opportunities, licensing rounds, tenders, projects, pricing information and vessel movements
• Work closely with clients, revisiting them upon completion of a project to make a post-survey evaluation and to ascertain future opportunities.
• For multi-client projects, assist in the negotiations/agreements with clients.
• Work in close cooperation with the regional VP of Marketing & Sales, keeping him abreast of your regional activities where relevant and supporting the regional strategy for growth.
• Be proactive in raising awareness and reputation of the value of the Company’s marine seismic services within your region.
• Attend relevant industry conferences to represent and promote the Company’s services.
• Keep abreast of industry best practice, trends and challenges relating to marine seismic data and acquisitions.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• BSc/MSC in Geophysics / Physics/ Geology or Earth Sciences discipline preferred.
• A minimum of 10 years upstream oil and gas industry experience essential.
• Proven sales/business development in the marine seismic acquisition business essential (e.g. selling geophysical services, products or/and data).
• A good understanding of proprietary and/or multi-client acquisition sales processes, and life cycle essential.
• Good understanding of oil industry challenges, market trends, work practices and technologies within seismic acquisition essential.
• Experience of an assignment onboard a 3D marine seismic acquisition crew highly desired.
• Proven geophysical/geological background advantageous. Experience in evaluating hydrocarbon prospects desired.
• Ambitious with high energy levels, drive and enthusiasm essential.
• Strong commercial acumen essential – the ability to analyse and identify market opportunities and devise a winning strategy.
• Team player –the ability to interact effectively across functions, levels and cultures to deliver success.
• Strong technical/communications skills essential – has the ability and confidence to articulate the sales value proposition to senior level client personnel and internal staff.
• Relationship builder – ability to build strong networks, both internal and external, in a variety of cultures.
• Fluent in English essential – ability to speak Spanish or Portuguese advantageous.
• Marketing focused – understand the importance of raising awareness and reputation within your regions.
• Strategically focused – can define and implement winning strategies and the ability to work at different levels within the Company to accomplish goals.
• Confident, self-motivated and responsive individual with sound judgement and pragmatic in approach.
• Ability to travel within the region.
Package: This is a senior level role and as such a highly attractive Base Salary plus Commission will be offered. In addition, a full benefits package is available.
To apply for this job, you can go to the Web Site www.working-smart.co.uk. Select ‘Candidates’ ‘Review Jobs’ and apply online OR alternatively, you can forward your CV electronically to email@example.com, detailing the job title and reference number. We would also suggest that you forward a Cover Letter focused on your experience in line with the requirements specified.
Copyright © Working Smart 2015
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, WSL will take legal action.
4408 total views, 1 today