Temporary Project Manager – Oil and Gas – Contract
Open To: EU Nationals or UK work permit holders
Job Overview: URGENT: A leading navigation solutions and services Company is seeking a Project Manager to take charge of the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific oil and gas related projects. This role will initially be for 3 months, however may be extended dependant on the needs of the Company. Applicants are invited with a qualification in project management combined with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role with a background in planning, risk management and change management. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the Oil and Gas or Marine industries. This role offers a short-term contract with the possibility of extension and would suit a self-motivated Project Manager. You will be based in their main office in West Sussex but may have to travel to their Dutch office.
For more than 60 years the Company has been providing innovative and reliable world-leading navigation aids and services to the marine, Oil and Gas and renewables industries. They have a state of the art optics laboratory where lanterns and LED products are developed and are constantly innovating, keeping up with changing technologies. The Company has an ethos of “Quality First” and has a dedication to ensuring that its products and services are of the highest quality. Products developed by the Company include fog signals, polyethylene buoys, fog detectors, racons, solar power systems, vessel monitoring and information systems and remote monitoring systems.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Operations Manager this role encompasses many functions;
• Become competent in the Company’s business, workflows and practices in relation to the design of their navigational aids.
• Be responsible for planning projects.
• Liaise with department heads to execute plans.
• Ensure jobs are completed on time and within budgeted hours.
• Liaise with department heads to ensure relevant information is available to them.
• Liaise with customers on issues and on resolving delivery issues.
• Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
• Define project tasks and resource requirements.
• Manage project budgets.
• Manage project resource allocation.
• Plan and schedule project timelines.
• Track project deliverables using appropriate tools.
• Monitor and report on the progress of the project to all stakeholders.
• Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
• Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
• Undertake project evaluations and assess the results.
• Ensure project completion criteria have been met.
• Obtain stakeholder approval for final deliverables.
• Any other reasonable tasks deemed necessary by the management from time to time.
This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated individual with a project management background who is looking for a short term contract with an expanding Company.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• Qualification in Project Management essential.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a project management role essential.
• Marine or Oil and Gas industry experience highly desired.
• Knowledge of theoretical and practical aspects of project management (including tools and techniques) essential.
• Strong background in people management essential.
• Previous experience in risk management and change management essential.
• Proven experience in planning essential.
• Solid decision-making skills essential.
• Strong IT and data management skills essential.
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, with the ability to produce work to a consistently high standard within tight deadlines essential.
• Strong negotiation and conflict management skills essential.
• Ability to prioritise and manage a diverse and busy workload essential
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to speak and write simply, coherently and persuasively to all levels within an organisation.
• Strong team player with the ability to influence, lead and delegate as necessary
• Self-motivated, with the desire to develop skills and knowledge.
• Ability to adapt and think creatively and outside the box to resolve problems or requirements.
• Proactive and innovative with a flexible approach to working.
Package: An attractive Day Rate is on offer dependent on skills and experience.
To apply for this job:
1) Online – register Personal Details, Profile, relevant training/degree qualifications under “Education”, relevant skills under “Skills”. Upload your CV OR Email your CV to email@example.com with the Job Reference Number.
2) To be considered for this role, you will need to provide a focused Cover Letter outlining a) what relevant skills/experience and education you bring to the role, b) your availability/ start date, and c) expected day rate.
Copyright © Working Smart 2016
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, they will take legal action.
Working Smart Ltd., International Petroleum Consultancy
Lynton House, Station Approach, Woking Surrey, GU22 7PY
Tel: +44 (0) 1483 721794 Fax: +44 (01483) 728833
Web: http://www.working-smart.co.uk for Professional Staff
2814 total views, 1 today