Permanent Production Operations Manager – Operator
Open To: EU Nationals or UK work permit holders
Job Overview: An International oil and gas operating Company seeks a Production Operations Manager to be responsible for all aspects relating to the day to day operations management of the Companies operated assets. The role has 6 direct reports and covers all operational and HSE functions. Applicants are invited with a minimum of 15 years relevant offshore operational experience combined with the ability to lead a team of professionals in operations support including both onshore and offshore aspects of the role. Working for an expanding gas operator where top performance is valued and highly rewarded you will lead a team of supervisors, planners and Team Leaders from across Europe.
Our Client is a global provider of specialized energy solutions, with Exploration & Production being one of their major growth segments. Their exploration and production activities range from developing new resources to secure long-term energy supplies and purchasing stakes in oil and gas fields to acquiring exploration and production licenses throughout the world. The Company has grown significantly over the last 10 years and is currently undertaking Exploration and Development in three main target regions: North Sea, Russia and North Africa.
The Company is a highly skilled and experienced operator of conventional and renewable generation assets. Top performance is valued and rewarded with the insight to create attractive professional development opportunities both in and outside Europe.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the General Manager of Production, the role encompasses many functions including:
• Exhibit safe behaviours at all times when on company property and/or on company business.
• Comply with all HSEQ policies and regulations.
• Apply the HSEQ Management System as appropriate to the relevant area of the business.
• Ensure that all staff within the operations group has received relevant training in HSEQ.
• Ensure that all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated.
• Act as Duty Holders Representative for operated assets and work with the HSE team in liaison and interfacing with the Health and Safety Executive and other regulatory bodies.
• Manage the day to day activities of the Companies operated assets incorporating the following activities and responsibilities:
Ensure all operated developments maintain an asset integrity and fitness for operation commensurate with the duties of a Responsible and Prudent Operator (RPO).
Maintain availability and on-going operability and maintenance of all operated assets in accordance with the field Operating Philosophies and Company Management targets.
Ensure operating support strategy for all areas of operation are well defined and relevant contracts in place with competent suppliers.
Establish and maintain key competencies required within the organisation to safely, efficiently and cost effectively carry out the operations group activity.
In conjunction with the Asset Managers, control fixed operating budgets for all operated fields.
Develop and maintain a system of reporting of key operations indicators which will inform management, parent company, staff and JV partners of key business activities and performance against targets.
Input relevant operating budgets, manpower plans, corporate overhead allowances etc. into the annual MTP process.
Prepare and maintain the annual Operations Management Plan.
Assist asset management with Partner liaison and provide operational input to O/TCM’s as required for operated assets.
Provide operations strategy, input and support to future developments and projects. Ensure developing projects are adequately resourced by operations.
Perform annual appraisals and reviews and set group and individual goals and targets consistent with the company goals and targets on an annual basis.
Be responsible for the maintenance and development of Company procedures directly associated with operations i.e. IOMS, detailed operating procedures and guidelines etc.
Input and assist with the development and maintenance of the Company Business Management System.
This challenging and exciting opportunity is ideal for a self-motivated and suitably qualified individual who has relevant experience and looking for their next step within an expanding operator.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• A degree-level education essential. CEng or IEng is desirable.
• 15 years relevant offshore operational experience essential.
• Working knowledge of UK Safety case regulations is essential, as is awareness of the UK Licensing, environmental and regulatory body requirements for an Exploration and Production Company.
• Have commercial and economics experience.
• Ability to lead a team of professionals in operations support including both onshore and offshore aspects of the role essential.
• A self-motivated individual – ability to work at their own initiative to deliver the Goals and Targets of the Company from an Operations perspective.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a diverse team and provide guidance and leadership to operations personnel in the execution of their work.
• Ability to communicate effectively. Requires a confident approach to discussions with Company Management and JV Partner Management in the field of operations support and delivery.
• Highly analytical – the ability to resolve complex problems and to recommend solutions. Have an understanding of risk.
• Ambitious – desire to succeed in this dynamic growth operator – to develop and grow with the role – take on new challenges and to exceed expectations desired.
Package: As a leading Gas Operator, a highly competitive Base salary, plus Pension, Bonus, Family Health Care, Gym sponsorship and much more is on offer dependent on skills and experience.
To apply for this job, you can go to the Web Site www.working-smart.co.uk. Select ‘Candidates’ ‘Review Jobs’ and apply online OR alternatively, you can forward your CV electronically to email@example.com, detailing the job title and reference number.
To be considered, please advise in a Cover Letter a) what skills/experience you bring to the role, b) your availability and c) your salary expectations.
Working Smart Ltd., International Petroleum Consultancy
Lynton House, Station Approach, Woking Surrey, GU22 7PY
Tel: +44 (0) 1483 721794 Fax: +44 (01483) 728833
Web: http://www.working-smart.co.uk for Professional Staff
Copyright © Working Smart 2014
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, WSL will take legal action.
2474 total views, 2 today