Permanent Lead Processing Geophysicist – Land – WC/WS/2392
Open To: EU Nationals and UK work permit holders
Job Overview: An established and highly respected Company offering a world-class suite of seismic processing capabilities and exploration service solutions are seeking a Lead Processing Geophysicist – Land to take responsibility for managing and delivering 2D and 3D Land and OBC seismic processing projects. Applicants are invited with proven experience in seismic data processing, land processing experience and excellent project management capabilities.
The Company is part of a large global geophysical group, offering a broad range of specialized geophysical services to the petroleum industry worldwide. Its services include land, shallow water OBC (ocean bottom cable) and TZ (transition zone) seismic data acquisition and advanced seismic processing and interpretation services.
The Company is renowned for its pioneering work in 3D AVO, rock properties studies and seismic imaging all of which are backed by an active Research and Development group supporting and augmenting the Company’s proprietary software packages.
With a strong background in seismic processing, this role offers a great deal of autonomy and scope to drive the land processing group. You will be influential in devising strategies for new land processing related services and business advancement.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Processing Director, your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Become competent in the use of the Company’s technologies, workflows and practices.
• Take responsibility for managing and executing land and OBC processing projects within the UK Centre with limited supervision.
• Liaise effectively with clients and processing team members throughout the planning, execution and concluding stages of each project, ensuring that clients’ aims are met efficiently and to a high standard.
• Communicate effectively with management, research personnel and geophysicists both within and outside of the land processing group to promote effective cooperation between departments, sharing of knowledge and continued improvements to technical standards.
• Become a key focal land processing expert within your region.
• Assist in the tendering stage of land processing projects.
• Write associated end-of-project reports and presentation of final reports and findings internally and to clients.
• Leverage your technical skills from other land experts within the Company.
• Work with the sales and regional management team; be proactive in developing land processing services within the region.
• Build land expertise internally – transfer knowledge of land processing techniques to other members of the processing group. Mentor and support more junior level staff and assist in building their land knowledge base.
• Stay abreast of industry developments in processing and imaging techniques.
• Promote awareness and reputation of the land processing services at industry events.
This is a great opportunity for an individual with a strong seismic processing background, proven experience in land processing techniques, and the ability and desire to drive processing services. Good career prospects working for a company with world-class technologies, customers and partners.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• A physics, geophysics, earth sciences or related degree essential, MSc or PhD in a related subject preferred.
• 15+ year’s industry seismic processing experience essential.
• Proven land seismic processing experience essential.
• Strong understanding of static corrections, land geometry and noise attenuation issues essential.
• Good Knowledge of data quality assurance and quality control methods essential.
• Experience with OBC processing highly desirable.
• Proven experience in using a mainstream industry processing application desirable (e.g. Promax, Focus, GeoVecteur, Omega, GeoDepth).
• Self-motivated individual, with entrepreneurial attitude and drive to succeed essential.
• Previous managerial, supervisory or/and team leader experience, delivering seismic processing services highly advantageous.
• Commercially astute – ability to identify new business opportunities when talking with Clients or from networking in the industry.
• Good project management skills –the ability to prioritise competing demands, focus, and make decisions.
• Can work independently but also have the necessary skills to be a team player to achieve goals.
• Innovative individual with the ability and desire to generate creative solutions to deal with work problems and opportunities.
• Ambition to drive results, taking proactive steps to accomplish objectives, being highly motivated to achieve goals beyond what is required
• Strong communication skills – ability to clearly convey information and technical content internally, to partners and clients.
• Persuasive/assertive personality that can provide focus, leadership and direction.
• A highly service orientated work ethic.
Package: An attractive Salary is on offer dependent on skills and experience plus Company benefits.
To apply for this job:
1) Online – register Personal Details, Profile, relevant training/degree qualifications under “Education”, relevant skills under “Skills”. Upload your CV OR Email your CV to email@example.com with the Job Reference Number.
2) To be considered for this role, you will need to provide a focused Cover Letter outlining a) what relevant skills/experience and education you bring to the role, b) your availability/ start date, and c) expected day rate.
Copyright © Working Smart 2016
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, they will take legal action.
Working Smart Ltd., International Petroleum Consultancy
Lynton House, Station Approach, Woking Surrey, GU22 7PY
Tel: +44 (0) 1483 721794 Fax: +44 (01483) 728833
Web: http://www.working-smart.co.uk for Professional Staff
3367 total views, 1 today