Permanent Lead Engineer – Offshore Wind
Location: UK – East Kent
Job Status: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Interview Date: ASAP
Open To: EU Nationals or UK work permit holders
Job Overview: A leading renewable energy consortium seeks a Lead Engineer to work in their Asset Integrity Team. In this role, you will lead a team of engineers developing and implementing technical solutions for an offshore wind farm. The team will be focused on maximizing production, increasing operational safety and reducing operational costs of large offshore multi-megawatt wind turbines. Specifically, you will lead/support data handling and the integration/development of the Maintenance Management System, as well as the development of associated asset integrity management systems and reporting tools. Applicants are invited with a degree in Engineering combined with a minimum of 10 years’ experience as a process, development, systems or reliability engineer, of which at least 5 should be in a senior level role. Preference will be given to candidates with Chartered Engineer status or those working towards it. This is a great opportunity to join a growing Company working on one of the largest windfarms in the world.
The Company is a consortium of three leading renewable energy companies set up specifically to manage the construction and maintenance of a large offshore wind farm in the Kent area. The wind farm has 175 turbines and has a total capacity of 630 megawatts.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Production Manager this role encompasses many functions including:
• Become competent in the Company’s services, work flows and practices.
• Lead the implementation of the asset management strategy and execution plan.
• Lead the development and integration of the Maintenance Management Systems.
• Support the integration of the physical asset management process, process historian, planning, CMMS and other data sources into a single integrated system.
• Support the development of an in-house analytical statistical reporting capability, evolving tools to mine data and identify trends and develop and validate theory for reducing downtime and improving reliability.
• Working with specialist providers, develop fault diagnosis capability in consultation with specialist providers.
• Continually develop and use advanced reporting tools allowing automated data-mining, analysis and preventative maintenance strategies.
• Use analytical and statistical tools to mine data and identify trends, and using detailed analysis create reports of changes to the risk profile of various asset classes.
• Through data mining and trend analysis, identify and classify any issues resulting from defective manufacture, assembly, installation, commissioning or maintenance of major components.
• Evaluation, selection and implementation of condition-based maintenance regimes.
• When required, liaise with technical staff from specialist contractors.
• Support the development of business/NPV cases where fault remediation investment is required.
• Supervise, mentor and develop junior team members
This is an exciting and challenging role for a senior engineer looking to further their career within the renewable energy industry. You will have great scope to develop and implement systems and solutions, and develop a small team responsible for performing trending and analysis, and setting up CMMS and engineering analysis capability allowing general and specific reporting on technical and operational performance.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• Engineering Degree (i.e. Electrical. Mechanical, Mechatronics, Control or Manufacturing/Production) from an accredited university/body desired.
• Chartered Engineer status or working towards it desired.
• A minimum of 10 years’ engineering experience with a minimum of 5 years at a senior level essential.
• Proven understanding and experience in at least four of the following major component technologies essential:
o Distribution transformers
o Mechanical transmissions
o Rotating equipment
o Power conversion systems
o Control systems
o High voltage switchgear
o Offshore foundations
• An understanding of data handling systems and the ability to use advanced data mining techniques essential.
• Experience in the design/development of frequency converters, mechanical power transmissions, Machine/process control and condition monitoring (SCADA and CMS) and data-handling tools within the wind industry advantageous.
• Previous experience of high voltage infrastructure, structural integrity and corrosion management desirable.
• An understanding of the configuration and use of maintenance management systems desirable.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage and work effectively with team players from various cultures.
• Ability to make independent decisions in the planning, organizing and coordination of solutions to complex problems.
• Strong systemic technical and analytical ability, confident in adapting to and using advanced data handling tools.
• Solution-focussed with the ability to analyse large volumes of data and produce detailed technical reports through developing a 1st principles understanding of the subject matter.
• Comfortable working alongside coding and systems experts simultaneously developing the systems to be used to collect, integrate and organise data.
• Data-oriented, comfortable extracting information from a variety of sources and developing automated performance reporting tools.
• Proactive, flexible and dedicated team player, able to achieve goals.
• The ability to travel offshore as required and the willingness to be “hands on” whilst offshore.
Package: An attractive Salary is on offer dependent on skills and experience.
To apply for this job:
1) Go to the Web Site www.working-smart.co.uk, Select ‘Oil and Renewable Energy Jobs” and “Review Job” and “Apply”. If not registered, please do so. Make sure you upload your CV and submit a Cover Letter.
2) Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title/reference and enclose your CV and Cover Note. Our preference is for the above process as this email may take longer for review.
PS. Your Cover Letter in support of your application, should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience and education) b) your availability and c) your salary expectations.
Copyright © Working Smart 2016
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, they will take legal action and a minimum $5000 fee will apply.
915 total views, 2 today