Temporary Geophysicist – VSP Expertise WS/2414
Job Status: Contract (2-3 months) Potential for Permanency
Start Date: ASAP
Interview Date: ASAP
Open To: Canadian Nationals or work permit holders
Job Overview: A leading supplier of Oilfield Services seeks a Geophysicist with expertise in VSP to process and analyse 3D vertical seismic profiles (VSP) and microseismic data for both marine and land projects Applicants are invited with a degree in Geophysics combined with a minimum of 10 years oil and gas industry experience combined with a strong background in VSP. Working from home predominately or at Company offices, you will download the VSP data and undertake the analysis. It is envisaged that the job will be a 2-3 month contract initially and then will transfer to a permanent role.
The Company has its Headquarters in London and offers oilfield services for both conventional and unconventional oil and gas production. Working closely with their clients, which represents small independents to large operators, they partner in the enhancement of oil production. In these economically challenged times, their service solution and business model is being well received and as such they are expanding.
Responsibilities: Reporting to Project Manager this role encompasses many functions including:
• Become competent in the Company’s suite of services, work flows and practices.
• Assist in the survey planning of the project – define the parameters and workflow.
• Oversee the processing of the data.
• Download the relevant project data and keep secure.
• Perform QC of data from the field and seismic processing
• Interpret the data, conduct a forward model of the borehole seismic data.
• Create a simple 3D model around the well.
• Keep abreast of industry trends and technologies relating to Borehole Seismic.
• Attend relevant conferences and technical events – promoting the Company and its services.
This is an exciting and challenging role for an experienced oil and gas Geophysicist who has a strong background in VSP. The role offers great flexibility, working from home or Company offices in Calgary.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• Degree essential. Preferably in Geophysics
• A minimum of 10 oil and gas industry years essential.
• Proven experience in Vertical Seismic Profiling essential.
• Strong background in relevant software applications essential.
• Understanding of both marine and land data advantageous.
• Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel highly desired.
• Highly motivated, self-starting individual who can manage their own time and deliver to tight project deadlines.
• Highly analytical/methodical – the ability to understand the problem, the tools available and to deliver the solution.
• Excellent interpersonal skills essential – the ability to interact effectively with other team members.
• Excellent communications skills essential (both written and oral English), with the ability to listen and discuss technical matters in a clear and articulate manner.
• Ability to write technical reports in a clear and concise manner.
• Flexibility is key.
Package: An attractive Day Rate for the initial 2-3 month contract and then a permanent salary will be negotiated.
To apply for this job:
1) Go to the Web Site www.working-smart.co.uk, Select ‘Candidates’ and ‘Review Jobs’. If not registered, please complete Personal Details, Profile etc. Please ensure you upload a current copy of your CV and a Cover Letter.
2) Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title/reference and enclose your CV and Cover Note.
PS. Your Cover Letter in support of your application, should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience and education) b) your availability and c) your salary expectations.
Copyright © Working Smart 2016
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, they will take legal action and a minimum $5000 fee will apply.
1116 total views, 1 today