Permanent Embedded Electronics Software Engineers (Multiple Positions) WC/WS/1373
Job Status: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Interview Date: ASAP
Open To: EU Nationals or UK work permit holders
Job Overview: URGENT: A world leading expanding manufacturer of seismic instrumentation is seeking three Embedded Electronics Software Engineers. With a background in Electronics Engineering and a keen interest in embedded software development combined with electronics design experience you will join their growing team of highly skilled engineers developing sensor products for use in seismology research and in oil and gas exploration and production. Applicants are invited with a degree in Electronics Engineering or Physics and an understanding of embedded software development. The key to this role is having an understanding of electronic design and a practical approach to developing solutions for both system and component level problems. You may be involved in all stages of product development including system deployments in any number of diverse locations at sea or on land, so great opportunity to travel internationally.
The work you will undertake will be varied and may encompass PC applications (e.g. analytics of seismic data); Bluetooth applications for mobiles to communicate in real-time with sensors and driver level real-time embedded development on seismic instruments. Within this role high reliability and high efficiency of the design are essential in order to operate unattended for extended periods on the sea bed, recording seismic data.
The Company has 30 years’ experience in the design, manufacture and installation of broadband seismic instrumentation for oil and gas exploration and production, civil engineering and seismology research. With over 100 staff they are at the forefront of the industry whose clients include governments, asset operators (e.g. oil/gas; nuclear power plants and dams) and academic institutions.
The Company develops ocean bottom systems for deployment at depths of more than 6km. Within the oil and gas industry they can provide instruments for pipeline; fracture and life of field monitoring as well as passive tomography (used for both onshore and offshore exploration) and optimising reservoir stimulation. The sensors that they produce are also used in the monitoring of natural hazards and earthquake/tsunami early warning systems.
Responsibilities: Reporting to Director of Engineering this role encompasses many functions;
• Become competent in the Company’s software solutions, work flows and practices. Full training provided.
• Working within the development team, undertake work on a mixture of all of the following:
o Cross platform code (PC, Android, Linux)
o High level GUI development
o Embedded real time development on proprietary hardware systems
• Assist in the development of embedded and workstation based applications for the manipulation of real-time seismic data.
• As required, undertake system deployment worldwide both onshore and offshore.
• Work closely with your team members – supporting more junior staff and learning from senior personnel.
• Work in a professional manner within agreed timescales.
• Provide technical advice and support as required – onsite, email or phone.
• Keep abreast of industry trends and new technologies relating to seismic instrumentation.
• Keep abreast of software development tools and practices.
• Travel internationally as required.
This is a challenging role working in a team of 5-6 engineers that is ideal for a highly motivated Embedded Software Engineer with a background in electronic engineering. The Company is on a sustained growth path and looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic individuals to work in an open and creative environment developing world leading products for a global market.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• Degree in Electronics Engineering or Physics (with a strong element of Electronics) essential Maths and Science A-Levels highly desired.
• Thorough understanding of engineering maths essential.
• An understanding of embedded software development experience essential.
• A background in using C++ for programming essential.
• Previous experience in a product manufacturing environment highly desired.
• A practical approach to solving both system and component level problems is key to this role.
• An understanding of digital electronic design essential
• Experience of the Qt cross platform application development framework desired.
• An understanding of analog electronic design, either from academia or work experience essential
• Some basic knowledge of real time software development highly advantageous.
• Previous experience of a Linux development environment desired.
• Practical knowledge of networking desired.
• Can work independently and also be an excellent team player.
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, persistent and eager to learn.
• The ability to analyse system level problems without excessive worry over details.
• The ability to travel internationally as required.
Package: A Base Salary of circa £40K is on offer dependent on skills and experience.
Company Benefits include 25 days Holiday, Company Sick Pay, Life Insurance and Pension.
To apply for this job:
1) Online – register Personal Details, Profile, relevant training/degree qualifications under “Education”, relevant skills under “Skills”. Upload your CV OR Email your CV to email@example.com with the Job Reference Number.
2) To be considered for this role, you will need to provide a focused Cover Letter outlining a) what relevant skills/experience and education you bring to the role and b) your availability/ start date.
Copyright © Working Smart 2016
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, they will take legal action.
4131 total views, 1 today