Permanent Electro-Mechanical Systems Engineer
Location: UK – East Kent
Job Status: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Interview Date: ASAP
Open To: EU Nationals or UK work permit holders
Job Overview: A leading renewable energy consortium seeks an Electro-Mechanical Systems Engineer to work in their Asset Integrity Team. You will perform analysis and assist in the development and implementation of maintenance strategies and solutions geared at optimising operational life and yield of an offshore wind farm. The Asset Integrity Team will be focused on maximizing production, increasing operational safety and reducing operational costs of large offshore multi-megawatt wind turbines. Applicants are invited with a degree in Engineering (ideally mechatronics, mechanical or electrical engineering) combined with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant technical experience. Preference will be given to candidates with Chartered Engineer status or those working towards it. This is a great opportunity to join a growing Company working on one of the largest windfarms in the world.
The Company is a consortium of three leading renewable energy companies set up specifically to manage the construction and maintenance of a large offshore wind farm in the Kent area. The wind farm has 175 turbines and has a total capacity of 630 megawatts.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Lead Engineer of the Asset Integrity Team this role encompasses many functions including:
• Become competent in the Company’s services, work flows and practices.
• Support the development of advanced reporting tools which will allow for automated data-mining, analysis and preventative maintenance strategies.
• Through data mining and trend analysis, identify and classify any issues resulting from defective manufacture, assembly, installation, commissioning or maintenance of major components.
• Use analytical and statistical tools to mine data and identify trends, use this data to perform detailed analysis, create reports of individual turbines or whole park performance.
• Accurately identify the causes of recurrent issues and deliver detailed root cause analysis.
• Identify and recommend innovative, cost effective solutions
• Liaise with other technical experts from the Wind Turbine Equipment Manufactures and other Service Providers.
• Develop validation tests and implementation plans for proposed solutions.
• Report on all elements of asset and operational performance.
• Support the implementation of a structured introduction of a systematic approach to Asset Management and the development of strategy and reporting.
This is an exciting and challenging role for an experienced Electro-Mechanical Engineer looking to further their career within the renewable energy industry. The role will provide great exposure to an array of duties such as: data-mining, trend analysis, proactive fault diagnosis, undertaking complex or systemic failure investigations, reporting on all elements of individual turbine or whole windfarm operational performance and making recommendations for solutions that will reduce through life risks to the assets and the people that work on them, maximise yield and/or reduce operational costs.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• Engineering Degree (i.e. Electrical. Mechanical, Mechatronics) from an accredited university essential.
• Chartered Engineer status or working towards it desired.
• A minimum of 5 years’ engineering experience working in a development, production or process control environment essential.
• Experience in the delivery of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and/or technical solutions to component, system or process issues essential.
• Proven understanding and experience in at least two of the following major component technologies essential:
o Distribution transformers
o Mechanical transmissions
o Rotating equipment
o Power conversion systems
o Control systems
o High voltage switchgear
o Offshore foundations
• Previous experience in the use of data handling, and analysis systems and solutions or computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) advantageous.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage and work effectively with team players from various cultures.
• Ability to make independent decisions in the planning, organizing and coordination of solutions to complex problems.
• Strong systemic technical and analytical ability, confident in adapting to and using advanced data handling tools.
• Solution-focussed with the ability to analyse large volumes of data, put forward recommendations and produce detailed technical reports.
• Data-oriented, comfortable extracting information from a variety of sources and developing automated performance reporting tools.
• Proactive, flexible and dedicated team player, able to achieve goals.
• Willing to learn complex new systems from scratch.
Package: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills and experience.
To apply for this job:
1) Go to the Web Site www.working-smart.co.uk, Select ‘Oil and Renewable Energy Jobs” and “Review Job” and “Apply”. If not registered, please do so. Make sure you upload your CV and submit a Cover Letter.
2) Email email@example.com with the job title/reference and enclose your CV and Cover Note. Our preference is for the above process as this email may take longer for review.
PS. Your Cover Letter in support of your application, should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience and education) b) your availability and c) your salary expectations.
Copyright © Working Smart 2016
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, they will take legal action and a minimum $5000 fee will apply.
1461 total views, 2 today