Permanent Drilling Engineer – Operator (Circa $230K) – WC/WS/1203
Start Date: ASAP
Interview Date: ASAP
Open To: All Nationalities
Job Overview: An Energy Resource Company seeks a Drilling Engineer to join a small integrated subsurface team in their Lagos office to support their expansion across oil and gas exploration and production in Africa. Applicants are invited with a minimum of 10 years industry experience, proven knowledge of drilling engineering fundamentals, combined with a strong well operations background and a desire to be part of a dynamic and rapidly expanding Oil Company. Working for a Company strategically placed and committed to expanding their assets in Africa, this role brings a great deal of scope to advance your career.
The cash rich Parent Company is a diversified energy and infrastructure group with additional activities covering power and construction and is one of the largest suppliers of crude oil, refined products and liquefied petroleum gas in West Africa. They founded the Energy Resource Company specifically to generate added value to select oil and gas assets by leveraging strong financial backing, international supply and trading expertise and domestic logistical knowhow.
The group’s expansion into upstream activities began in 2005 when the company was awarded 2 blocks offshore Nigeria. Since then they have taken on more blocks in West Africa and are involved in service contracts to bring investment and technological expertise to existing production assets. This project has commenced in Q3 2013 and will extend the production profiles of the target assets by drilling new appraisal and exploration wells. They have signed Production Sharing Contracts with a West African government for four offshore blocks as well as a Farm-Out Agreement with a subsidiary of one of the world’s largest private E&P companies, as a Technical Partner.
The Company is highly committed to expansion in the upstream sector and has defined strategic initiatives to grow their asset portfolio and build a world-class African-focused entity. Their senior management team brings a wealth of circa 250 collective years of diverse international experience to present a well-rounded team with deep knowledge across the petroleum operations value chain and proven success in various energy markets globally. The team has utilized acute market knowledge and long-standing relationships to grow the business into a well-recognized and respected energy firm.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary asset team, engaged with contractors, engineering and operations staff, you will represent the Company in relation to drilling operations and contributing to the optimisation of well operations and to ensuring that best HSE practices are adhered to
Responsibilities: The role encompasses many functions including:
• Become competent in the Company’s business, work flows and practices.
• Act as Safety leader ensuring the work crews comply to all standards, policies, and procedures. Ensure that focus on Well Integrity and HSE & QC is maintained from the start of the project lifecycle. Ensure that there are no Loss Time Incidents (LTI.)
• Working closely with “Partners” technical teams, you will represent the Company in all matters pertaining to Drilling.
• Provide technical guidance and input to well operations including well design, equipment and contractor specification, well dynamics evaluation and well programme generation.
• Contribute to casing and completion specification and implementation.
• Support the development of a successful workover program agreed with the National Oil Company.
• Manage the day to day oversight of active wells including crews and equipment schedules.
• Prepare and issue specialist reports on drilling related aspects of operations such as costs estimates for budgeting process. Ensure activity records accurately report results.
• Record and track non-productive time of work crews (NPT). Strive to minimise NPT through the complete operation.
• Actively pursue cost saving and innovative solutions for operations.
• Coach and motivate the well engineering team. Mentor junior team members as required.
• Participate in multi-disciplinary project team activities as required throughout the project life-cycle.
• Participate in regular operations meetings and ensure that drilling issues are recorded, tracked and progressed in a timely manner.
This is a great opportunity to join Company that is committed to developing their business into a well-recognised and respected upstream Energy Company focused on Africa. Top performance is valued and rewarded.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• A degree in Engineering desired.
• A minimum of 10 years’ industry experience with extensive hands on knowledge of drilling operations essential.
• A broad background in the fundamentals well management including interventions, CT operations and MPD advantageous.
• Deep water drilling experience or drilling in challenging domains highly advantageous.
• Well Control Certification highly desired.
• Commercial acumen – understand the business fundamentals of drilling operations, drilling metrics, and drilling technology desired.
• Strong focus on Performance Management – the ability to prioritise operations and monitor and control the full project life cycle essential.
• Experience in working in Central and West Africa advantageous.
• Previous exposure to start-up operations highly desirable.
• Experience in the preparation and review of well design documents and work programs essential.
• A good understanding of integration with other sub-surface disciplines essential.
• Experience in the general and contract management of service companies and contractors in remote locations desired.
• Strong people manager – able to motivate, manage the well team to achieve objectives in a timely and professional manner essential.
• Strong communication skills – ability to listen and communicate clearly and concisely in English within a multi-cultural and multi-discipline environment. Comfortable presenting to technical peers and Management.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to work with a diverse group of engineering, operations, and contractor staff.
• Good interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills – can undertake with tact and diplomacy and deal with different levels across the organisation and externally with service companies and partners.
• Basic computer and writing skills are required for documenting daily reports.
Package: A highly attractive Base salary of $150K – $230K (circa £93K – £143K) plus a Bonus and Company benefits is on offer dependent on skills and experience. Relocation assistance to Lagos considered. There may be some flexibility on Base Salary for a high calibre candidate.
Applications for this job are only accepted via www.working-smart.co.uk. To apply go to the Web Site, Select ‘Candidates’ and ‘Review Jobs’. Please ensure you upload a current copy of your CV. We advise that you include a Cover Note in support of your application, explaining why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position.
Copyright © Working Smart 2013
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, WSL will take legal action.
2958 total views, 2 today