Permanent Document Controller – Offshore Wind
Start Date: ASAP
Interview Date: ASAP
Open To: EU Nationals or UK work permit holders
Job Overview: A leading renewable energy consortium seeks a Document Controller to take responsibility for the administration of their Document Management System “Viewpoint for Projects”. The role involves coordinating across departments and ensuring that documents are kept in the right location and are accessible to the appropriate teams. Applicants are invited with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in document control with a good working knowledge of Viewpoint for Projects. This is a great role for someone looking for the next step in their career – document control is of key importance to this growing Company and you will have an opportunity to influence its direction.
The Company is a consortium of three leading renewable energy companies set up specifically to manage the construction and maintenance of a large offshore wind farm in the Kent area. The wind farm has 175 turbines and has a total capacity of 630 megawatts and is currently the largest offshore windfarm in the world.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Governance Manager this role encompasses many functions including:
• Become competent in the Company’s business matters, work flows and practices – this is crucial so as to be able to identify and control documents effectively.
• Act as Administrator for the Document Management System (ViewPoint for Projects).
• Become the first point of contact for all DMS related queries.
• Undertake QA and upload documents to the DMS.
• Ensure that all documents are categorised according to the type of document -this involves checking and approving documents before they are filed and liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that documents contain correct and understandable information regards their categorisation.
• Maintain the Document Management System security, create security groups and maintain permissions
• Work to deadlines, ensuring that all teams are following the same procedures with regards to document management.
• Ensure management procedures are complied with at all times.
• Coordinate across departments ensuring that documents are kept in the right location and are accessible to the appropriate teams.
• Provide administration support as required.
This is an exciting and challenging role for a highly motivated Document Controller looking to further their career within the renewable energy industry. You will be required to demonstrate your knowledge of Viewpoint for Projects to the creation of workflows at the interview stage.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• A minimum of 3 years’ document control experience essential.
• Proven understanding and experience in the administration of Viewpoint for Projects essential.
• IT literate – a proficient user of Microsoft Office applications essential.
• Strong time-management skills, the ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workloads essential.
• Excellent communications skills essential (both written and oral English), with the ability to listen and discuss matters in a clear and articulate manner. Ability to co-ordinate across the organisation’s different departments is key.
• Strong organisation skills essential – must be able to coordinate activities across various levels to achieve objectives.
• Must have the ability to monitor and evaluate systems and to look for improvements.
• Excellent interpersonal skills essential – the ability to interact effectively with other team members.
• High attention to detail essential.
• Proactive, flexible and dedicated team player, able to achieve goals.
Package: An attractive Salary is on offer dependent on skills and experience.
To apply for this job:
1) Go to the Web Site www.working-smart.co.uk, Select ‘Oil and Renewable Energy Jobs” and “Review Job” and “Apply”. If not registered, please do so. Make sure you upload your CV and submit a Cover Letter.
2) Email email@example.com with the job title/reference and enclose your CV and Cover Note. Our preference is for the above process as this email may take longer for review.
PS. Your Cover Letter in support of your application, should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience and education) b) your availability and c) your salary expectations.
771 total views, 3 today