Permanent AB – Offshore
The AB shall be responsible to the Bosun, participating fully in any shipboard activity requested of him, including forming part of a navigational watch.
• To perform general maintenance and repair of equipment and areas of the deck department as directed.
• To secure deck equipment’s and materials for sea passage.
• To assist the Bosun in ground tackle and cargo/stores handling.
• To handle lines and rigging equipment.
• Act as the HDA during Helicopter Operations and as a slinger during crane operations including re-supply & bunkering.
• Respond to security situations as per the direction of the Ship Security Officer.
• Stand wheel watch/lookout during sea passage and security watches in port/gangway watch and/or anchor watch.
• Shall promote/participate in all safety communication tools and initiatives in the IMS system to improve the safety culture on the vessel.
• Act as an Emergency First Responder in Emergency situations and comply with the Emergency Station Bill.
• To perform other duties as and when required by senior deck members
4390 total views, 2 today